Manager Compliance (m,f,d), Frankfurt Am Main
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
American Express is committed to protecting and enhancing its brand and reputation through an intense focus on customer service and ethical business conduct.
Compliance plays a critical role in protecting the company, its brand and its employees through practical, solution-focused guidance on regulatory and ethics-related matters.
Compliance maintains and continually enhances a comprehensive and highly effective compliance risk management program across the company.
Compliance strives to be a valued partner to its businesses while building a reputation of credibility and effectiveness with regulators.
In our Compliance department in Germany, we are looking for a Compliance Manager with main focus on AML/CTF to join the dynamic and friendly team of compliance professionals.
The successful Compliance Manager brings a good Compliance understanding with in depth AML/CTF knowledge and provides AML/CTF related advice & support to the business. He/she will be involved in all aspects of AML related activities including but not limited to monitoring and interpretation of new regulatory requirements, development of policies & procedures, supporting the transaction monitoring and screening program including investigation and reporting, risk assessment & participation in AML related projects and initiatives.
- Provide timely advice to the Business on AML/CTF-related matters that could impact the day-by-day activities.
- Analyze processes in order to evaluate AML risks and strengthen the control environment.
- Acting independently and making decisions representing the German compliance team during interactions with Business partners.
- Assist the MLRO in the team coordination, ensuring a prompt escalation of potential issues.
- Oversee and support Transaction Monitoring and Screening activities and the respective investigation and reporting conducted
- Assist the MLRO in the identification and regulatory assessment of new requirements applicable to the business
- Support development of applicable policies and procedures and regular updates in the areas of AML/CTF, Sanctions, Anti-corruption
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and internal policy requirements.
- Support the MLRO in creation of AML/CTF, Sanctions, Anti-Corruption reporting towards colleagues and Senior Management.
- Assist in the creation and updated of AML/CTF risk assessment according to the regulatory requirements.
- At least 3 years’ experience in regulatory compliance field, in banks/financial institutions or audit/consulting firm
- University degree (Law/Economics degree); AML certificate is a plus
- Proactive and solution oriented
- Proven knowledge of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to the payments industry, global financial crimes compliance, which include, but are not limited to: European Money Laundering Regulations, Anti-Corruption & Bribery laws.
- Very good understanding of Compliance, the Compliance Management System and in depth knowledge of AML/CTF
- Ability to identify and understand key risks, issues and trends, and to develop meaningful information to be shared with leadership on how to manage risks and maintain a robust control environment.
- Proven ability to build rapport, garner respect and exercise authority appropriately in a collaborative environment.
- Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with colleagues at various levels
- Self-motivated, energetic team player with ability to work effectively in a matrix organization with all levels of management.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in a deadline-intensive environment
- Excellent knowledge of German and English language, spoken and written.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes Amex an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
läuft aus am