Legal Counsel (m/w)
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
A typical day for the Legal Counsel will include:
- Working as the main Legal counsel for the PayPal DEATCH Sales team and handling questions from the sales team about contracts in a timely manner.
- Working with the PayPal DEATCH and wider European Legal team as the main point of contact on large commercial and acquiring deals with key PayPal suppliers and partners.
- Draft, review and negotiate merchant agreements and other associated legal agreements.
- Supporting the PayPal Marketing team.
What does Success Look Like?
- You have built good working relationships with the Sales team, generated sales contracts from Salesforce and supported the DEATCH sales team in Germany and at times across EMEA.
- You worked with the PayPal partnerships and other departments team on key agreements.
- Advised on and negotiated agreements with key partners, payment processors and financial institutions.
- You dealt with regulatory issues, advised on the impact of new and existing payment laws and regulations and local governance and compliance matters.
- You worked with teams across the business including Marketing in developing new campaigns, and Sales on Partner and Gateway Partnering agreements.
- You helped to develop and build the wider, non-legal team’s understanding of relevant laws and regulations in a creative and engaging way, to encourage a culture of compliance and responsibility.
- You are an attorney-at-law (“Rechtsanwalt”) admitted to a German bar.
- You have first experience with a law firm and/or in house experience, preferably in the Payments or Financial Services industry.
- You have strong negotiation skills.
- You have the ability to work independently in an efficient manner.
- You are a great team player and have enthusiasm for Sales-related matters.
- You have an ability to apply the law to novel situations and to find pragmatic and creative solutions to business issues where appropriate.
- You have great communication skills and are able to explain complex legal concepts and requirements to a range of different stakeholders and personalities.
- You have a hands-on attitude and you are solution-oriented
- You are fluent (written and spoken) in both German and English; any other European language is also desirable.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
läuft aus am