Legal Counsel DACH
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
The Legal Counsel DACH will be a part of Tesla’s EMEA legal team working on all legal matters in the DACH region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland), ranging from consumer matters, regulatory matters and litigation.
You will specifically advise the DACH service and sales business within Tesla on applicable statutory law and handling associated litigation. You will be working closely with the EMEA Business Resolution and local service teams in Tesla's locations throughout the DACH region. Furthermore, you will support the EMEA Enterprise Sales team with their B2B fleet deals.
The role is based in Germany, but may be, dependent on your country of residence and local Tesla presence, partly based in another location.
You are highly organized, self-motivated, pro-active and entrepreneurial. This is a great opportunity to work at a fast growing, highly diversified and dynamic company while having significant impact on one of Tesla's largest markets. This role will report to the Associate General Counsel EMEA.
- Negotiating/renegotiating, drafting, reviewing and improving sales and associated agreements with Tesla customers in respect of the following categories:
- B2C: direct, online sales;
- B2B: enterprise sales;
- Provide overall strategic and tactical direction of ongoing and threatened B2C and B2B disputes and litigation matters;
- Advising business, including senior leadership, on key developments, strategy, settlement and other key decisions;
- Drafting correspondence relating to legal issues, assisting and liaising with local teams with negotiations and correspondence;
- Negotiating fee arrangements with outside counsel and managing cases to minimize litigation costs;
- Maintain a database of all material litigation/claims matters in DACH region, reporting on the same on a regular basis to Associate General Counsel EMEA and occasionally, executive leadership;
- Develop, strengthen and sustain productive and collaborative working relationships with all levels of the organization to promote proactive use of in-house legal counsel;
- Monitor new legislation and regulation and provide input into the process;
- Coordinate and provide documentation on regulatory and product safety work;
- Research, document and deliver policies as needed.
- You are a team player with the ability to proactively identify problems, drive projects, and execute pragmatic/creative legal and business solutions on a timely basis.
- You work well both autonomously and collaboratively, and are effective at juggling and prioritizing competing tasks in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- You are a quick and flexible learner: intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change.
- You are adept at and comfortable making complex cost/benefit assessments.
- You inspire trust, forge relationships quickly, and earn the confidence and cooperation of your business partners. You have strong interpersonal skills, and can effectively navigate and leverage relationships at all levels of any organization.
- You have high standards, impeccable integrity and ethics, unquestionable good judgment, well-honed analytical skills, superior oral and written communications skills, and a keen sense of humor.
- BA/BS/LLB law school degree or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience at a top tier law firm and/or in-house corporate environment in Germany.
- Native German and fluency in English.
läuft aus am