Head of Social Media Strategy (f/m)
HolidayPirates (www.holidaypirates.com) is one of Europe’s fastest growing, free-to-use, travel search platforms and apps, providing users with the best value for money international travel deals. Since its inception in 2012, the company has grown the biggest online travel community in the world.
HolidayPirates Group continues to expand its online presence in Germany, UK, Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and most recently, the USA. Our 200 employees from 33 different countries work on 10 websites in 7 different languages.
HolidayPirates Group operates the following domains: urlaubspiraten.de, HolidayPirates.com, urlaubspiraten.at, PiratinViaggio.it, VakantiePiraten.nl, VoyagesPirates.fr, wakacyjnipiraci.pl , ViajerosPiratas.es, SemesterPiraterna.se, Ferienpiraten.ch and TravelPirates.com
Companies founded under HolidayPirates Group are: VoyagesPirates SAS in France; HolidayPirates Ltd. in London; Pirate Technologies d.o.o in Serbia for new technologies and the advancement of our own product; and TravelPirates Corp. in the US, launched in February 2016.
Facts and figures:
- Global headquarters in Berlin, Germany
- Management: David Armstrong (CEO)
- More than 9,5 million Facebook fans,
- 10 million App downloads,
- 800.000 Newsletter subscribers,
- over 1 million WhatsApp subscribers.
HolidayPirates Group is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, musical taste, race, color, gender, religion, ice cream flavor preference, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
You look back on many years of Social Media experience?
You know Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram etc. like the back oft your hand?
You research from experiences in picking up trends before they become viral?
Yo-ho-ho! Then you are the pirate we are looking for!
DUTIES ON DECK:
- Define global Social Media vision, mission and strategy (incl. KPIs) in line with the HolidayPirates strategy
- Setup team workflows and processes that enable innovation (e.g. agile project management, growth hacking)
- Regular market and competitor analysis (global)
- Monthly review of our Evergreen Content taskforce (with SEO team)
- Monitor and actively drive progress on strategy incl. team and personal target achievements
- Establish and improve reports (together with Business Intelligence), processes (e.g. communication in team meeting or via email) and team capabilities (e.g. drive understanding through trainings) for successful weekly performance monitoring and optimization
- Coordinating and delegating all relevant tasks within Social Media Strategy team
- Create and execute trainings (individual and for the team)
- Providing quarterly feedback talks and potential coaching sessions
- Close collaboration with the Global Chief Editor to achieve defined country targets and close collaboration with the Creative Studio to improve video and non deal content performance on Social Media
- Alignements and pro active planning of side projects and testings with CRM, Online Marketing, SEO and Product/IT
- Budget planning and develop targets
YOUR TREASURE OF EXPERIENCE:
- Degree level qualification or similar
- 5+ years of working experience in Social Media and leading a team
- Excellent understanding of Social Media platforms, including their respective strengths and demographics (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Experience in creating successful Social Media content & campaigns
- Strong capability and focus on analysing data to derive actions, inform decisions and develop strategy
- Goal oriented working and leadership style with a focus on KPIs
- Expert knowledge of analytical tools (Google Analytics, Social Media monitoring tools (e.g. fan page karma), native platform insights)
- Excellent English skills
EXTRA KNOTS FOR:
- Bachelor or Master in a relevant field (e.g. Marketing, Social Media)
- Strategical contacts to main social platforms
- Experience in managing Social Media Activities internationally (EU/US)
OUR SHIP & OUR CREW OFFER YOU:
- A fast growing company in which you can take the helm and realize your ideas
- Inspiring mates from all over the world
- Anchoring berth directly at the Spree with a great view
- Opportunity to join company pension scheme
- Support in relocation
- Regular team events
- Free German and English classes
- Social area with table tennis, table football, darts and a comfy dining area
- Pirate bar with bottles of rum – yo-ho a pirate's life for me!
- Barrels of juice and boxes of fruit – as much as you like!