Director Compliance - Global Compliance Team Manager (m/f)
At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose and Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- The adidas Fair Play Compliance Management System is overseen by the Company’s Management and Supervisory Boards. The purpose of the Fair Play Framework is to:
- Support the achievement of qualitative and sustainable growth through good corporate governance practice.
- Reduce and mitigate the risk of financial losses or damage caused by non-compliant conduct.
- Protect & further enhance the value and reputation of the company and its brands through compliant conduct.
- Preserve diversity by fighting harassment and discrimination.
The purpose of Global Compliance Management is to facilitate the development and management of the Global compliance program to ensure adidas employees follow the laws, regulations, standards, and ethical practices that apply to adidas.
The Director Compliance - Global Compliance Team Manager is responsible for designing and managing all aspects of the adidas compliance global framework, including risk assessments, policies, procedures, training, compliance controls and investigations.
Drive the development and manage the global compliance management system that adheres to best practice standards and promotes integrity
Develop and manage the global adidas Strategic Compliance Plan, including tracking and reporting upon its completion and managing any risk of delay
Deliver compliance advice and create constructive working relationships with senior leadership including the adidas Management Board, market Senior Leadership Teams and senior function heads, Regional Compliance Managers and local legal counsel
Institute and maintain an effective global compliance communication program, including promoting compliance tone at the top, heightening awareness among employees of compliance risks and policies through training and education
Evaluate and identify potential areas of global compliance vulnerability and risk and implement and manage corresponding mitigating measures
Develop, maintain, and revise global policies, processes, procedures and compliance controls for the general operation of the global compliance management system
Collaborate with the Regional Compliance Manager network and Regional General Counsels to implement and manage procedures to ensure compliance with anti-fraud & theft policies, competition, anti-bribery & corruption and other applicable laws and internal policies
Ensure that compliance red flags, complaints and alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures are being appropriately evaluated at the global, investigated and resolved in a timely and effective manner at the market or functional levels
Define and undertake global compliance investigative procedures; collaborate with other appropriate departments and stakeholders (e.g., Legal, Regional Compliance Management network, Internal Audit, Human Resources etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate channels for thorough and timely investigation and consistent resolution
Prepare and report Compliance Key Performance Indicators to Management Board members and senior leaders in markets and functions
Develop and manage global corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in English, German is advantageous
- Significant knowledge of Compliance programs, solutions, processes, controls and procedures required for compliance with strong anti-bribery & corruption, competition law and anti-fraud & theft and other relevant norms is required
- Ability to execute strategy
- Manage and develop a team of compliance professionals
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree preferably in Business/Finance or Law and at masters level
- Specialised compliance or ethics studies would be advantageous
- Minimum of 10 years of legal and/or compliance experience in law or accounting firms, including significant in-house compliance experience or equivalent
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.