As Director Legal you are the second in command in our Legal function, leading our Corporate Law, Commercial Law and Real Estate Law teams and reporting directly to the General Counsel. As an experienced leader of leaders you are mentoring and leading your direct reports, steering the Legal function and managing risks strategically.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Offer strategic law advice in all areas of business law to internal stakeholders in an agile and fast moving environment.
- Together with the General Counsel and the Legal leadership team define and implement the strategy of our legal department.
- Anticipate legal issues and manage risks strategically.
- Build a Legal operations team and drive the digitization of the department.
- Drive the performance and culture of our legal team in line with Zalando’s values, lead 4-5 direct reports, allocate responsibilities, prioritize projects, and provide clear direction to the team.
- Pivot from hands-on legal work to big picture strategic advisor.
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have worked for a well-known law firm before you joined the corporate world to gain in-house legal experience.
- You are an excellent lawyer and proven leader of leaders able to nurture and grow teams.
- You combine deep legal expertise with outstanding analytical and conceptual skills to solve most legal challenges internally.
- You are a generalist with cross-functional experience who can work across a spectrum of different legal fields including capital markets law, M&A, Commercial Law, Real Estate Law, and Data & IT Law.
- You start every problem with the customer in mind and then work backwards to deliver the best possible solution for that problem while responsibly navigating risk.
- Teaming up is your strength, you thrive on working together with your peers across the entire corporation.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
läuft aus am