Amazon Deutschland Servcs GmbH
Corporate Legal Counsel EU Privacy
Amazon is a leader in worldwide e-commerce, creating innovative technologies and experiences that are changing the way people find, discover and buy products and services.
We are looking for a talented Corporate Legal Counsel to join our European Privacy team as part of Amazon's Legal Department. This role provides the unique opportunity to support Amazon in the still evolving and complex world of data protection compliance across the entire range of Amazon’s diverse and innovative businesses, products and services, including Amazon Video and Music, Alexa, Kindle Direct Publishing, Devices like Echo and Kindle, Advertising, Fulfillment by Amazon and Amazon Logistics, to mention just a few of them. You will be directly involved when launching new programs, and team up with our business lawyers when guiding senior business leaders. You will be part of a broader team which handles privacy matters, including regulatory affairs, across Europe.
This position requires great judgment and common sense, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills, and great attention to detail. We are looking for candidates who are innovative, progressive, extremely hands-on, and customer-obsessed professionals. In addition, they must be proactive and fast-moving when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion. The position will be located in either Luxembourg or Munich.
- Supporting a wide range of privacy programs to ensure Amazon’s ongoing compliance with data protection laws across Europe, including GDPR and national legislation;
- Day-to-day interaction with senior leaders, data protection officers, business lawyers, and tech-teams;
- Outside counsel management;
- Management and conduct of internal audits of our privacy programs; and
- Coordination and concerted response to regulatory investigations, including direct engagement with regulators.
- Fully qualified lawyer with outstanding legal qualification from one of our core European jurisdictions (France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain or United Kingdom);
- Minimum 5 years post-qualified legal experience with at least two years at a reputed law firm with focus on privacy and regulatory; and
- Excellent English language skills that include the ability to draft complex legal briefs.
- Technology affinity with a natural interest in internet services and applications and enthusiasm for technical innovation;
- The ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments;
- Practical business judgment and ability to qualify actual practical risk;
- A team player and consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humor who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization; and
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
läuft aus am