State Street Bank International GmbH
Compliance Analyst (m/f/d), Officer
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for a Compliance Analyst for our Compliance Advisory team in Frankfurt or Munich. Corporate Compliance supports the Board of Directors, Senior Management of State Street Corporation, and its affiliates in their responsibility to comply with laws and regulations applicable to State Street’s global business activities and functions. The Compliance department is an independent control function and part of the Second Line of Defense (SLOD). The Compliance Analyst is a role from which a successful candidate may develop a career further within Compliance or in other Risk and Control areas.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
What you will be responsible for
As Compliance Analyst you will be
- Working in conjunction with superiors, team members, business partners and external parties as needed to develop, promote and deploy a communication and advisory plan which includes e.g. in-person and online trainings, communications, panels, webinars, in order to enhance the culture and awareness of compliance and conduct matters
- Maintaining and continuously developing knowledge around core EU regulatory requirements, products of business units, applicable financial markets, industry trends, and key technology in use by the business units and informing business units of regulatory developments and policy changes
- Liaising with Compliance colleagues all over the globe to share and complete deliverables
- Performing Advisory Reviews as requested
- Review work of others for technical accuracy and provide input with the goal of enhancing the teams efforts to mitigate regulatory risk
- Complete assigned periodic training as required by corporate methodology
- Identify process improvements and suggest resolutions where needed
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to strongly communicate with and appropriately influence all levels of management
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong customer focus with excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel across multiple jurisdictions where required
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to coordinate and prioritize
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Successfully completed degree in Economics or another related field
- Around 4-5 years of relevant work experience within Compliance, Risk, Audit, Business Control and/or Legal
- Experience within the financial services sector preferred
- Fluency in English, other European language skills beneficial
What we offer
- Flexible working time
- Work from home days might be possible depending on the role
- Between 37,5 – 40 working hours per week depending on location and legal entity
- Pension plan offering
- Wellbeing & health programs (anonymous Employee Assistance Program, PME Family Service, trainings)
- Group accident insurance
- Mentoring program
- Regular performance reviews and structured performance management
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web based training catalogue
- Free German and English language classes
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Visit statestreet.com and please apply online.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
läuft aus am