Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
Senior Legal Counsel Corporate Litigation & Governmental Investigations
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Senior Legal Counsel Corporate Litigation & Governmental Investigations-1911883
Are you looking for a new challenge in a growing international legal environment and would like to combine your already acquired experience in the area of eDiscovery management with handling cross-border litigation and government investigations as well as IT and data privacy knowledge?
If so, you have the opportunity to become a member of our global legal department!
Tasks & responsibilities
- You will work on a variety of cases and processes regarding litigation and governmental investigations and collaborate extensively with internal and external stakeholders.
- A focus of the role is to manage Corporate eDiscovery, particularly for U.S. matters. Specifically, you will be responsible for the Corporate eDiscovery program and strategy with regard to complex litigation and government investigations globally; in this role, you will coordinate with eDiscovery vendors as well as with in-house and outside counsel in a multitude of jurisdictions, you will maintain a strong interface with Corporate Information Governance, IT and Data Privacy officers.
- A second focus of the role is to manage or assist in managing Corporate litigation & arbitration cases, which includes working with a variety of stakeholders, including U.S. litigation, Corporate IPR, and other attorneys at BI across the organization.
- A third focus of the role is to assist in the creation and maintenance of a governmental investigations tool-kit and process as well as the management of specific governmental investigations, together with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Finally, you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of tools, processes and templates with respect to all of the above topics, you will train internal stakeholders and business partners, and work with the relevant outside counsel Network.
- Fully qualified lawyer of the German Law (Second State Examination) or Juris Doctor or equivalent, with several years of relevant legal experience in a law office or the industry, ideally in the pharmaceutical or chemical sector.
- Profound legal background with comprehensive experience in litigation and arbitration, as well as with U.S. style discovery and related legal topics, including EU data privacy
- Technical affinity and willingness to travel would be an asset
- Team-orientation, confident demeanor especially in dealing with Managers, as well as profound conflict management skills paired with intercultural awareness and an Anglo-American mentality
- Excellent German and English skills in speaking and writing
- Good compatibility of work and private life
- Profound development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Counselling services for all stages in life
- Lunch Lessons for parents
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
läuft aus am