Xerox Corporation is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximise profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them.
We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalise, package, analyse and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
This is a transactional role, supporting all manner of pre-contract, contracting and occasionally post-contract activity that supports winning and entering into contracts with Xerox’s customers and partners.
Under the management of the Senior Legal Counsel Germany this role requires you to:
- Provide appropriate legal support to the EMEA region especially to the German Xerox entities, supporting regional and global multi-country contracts for any of Xerox’s offerings in the direct and indirect marketplace
- Occasionally support to Xerox’s Procurement team related to any specific contracts with customers may be required
- Occasionally undertake special projects as may arise (such as briefing on new legislation, to OGC and/or business colleagues)
- Be willing and ready to expand and grow your legal knowledge and experience, by developing specific subject matter expertise in new areas, such as IP or Legal Tech (personal development is encouraged)
As a Legal Counsel – EMEA Operations your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide timely legal advice and support to German stakeholders, on German, pan European and global contractual matters.
- Lead or support contract negotiations with third parties, in particular national and multinational customers, suppliers and distribution partners in order to facilitate the conduct of business and protect Xerox’s interests.
- Support and work with Xerox Corporation (the parent company) and its OGC team when supporting or leading contract negotiations arising out of the EMEA region.
- Perform legal analysis and deliver practical solutions to maximise returns to Xerox and/or avoid adverse legal and/or commercial consequences.
- Advise and/or present to senior management (including at board level) on legal considerations to be taken into account in developing business strategy and (as required) contracts on a deal by deal basis.
As Legal Counsel- EMEA Operations your skills and qualifications would include:
- First and second German state law examination above average;
- At least three years of professional experience in a law firm or commercial company (in house position);
- Experience gained in drafting contracts in the Information Technology sector;
- Knowledge of and experience in IT law, distribution law and related areas of law;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with public procurement regulations, outsourcing contracts;
- Familiarity with EU and German competition law;
- Familiarity with labour law;
- Very comfortable working with all levels of business colleagues;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in German and English;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Proven ability to self-organise and prioritise work including ability to manage stakeholder in setting priorities and manage to stay focussed on agreed objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver presentations and/or training across all levels of Xerox’s business, both to OGC and other stakeholders in the business;
- Sound degree of judgement, courage and conviction;
- Willingly be part of a team, share knowledge;
- Occasionally international travel may be required.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
läuft aus am