Spektrum Cannabis GmbH
Corporate Counsel, Europe (f/m/d)
Canopy Growth Corporation ("Canopy Growth") is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC) and part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, including its flagship Tweed and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand, are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis. With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
Corporate Counsel, Europe, reporting to the Director, Legal Europe, will be responsible for providing expert counsel and opinions on all matters, and will assist in ensuring compliance with all applicable government legislation relating to the foregoing. The successful candidate will advise and act as an advocate for the organization and will provide legal representation for the organization as may be required. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the review and preparation of certain legal and corporate documentation, as well as applicable non-legal documents.
Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the world at its offices in Germany as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
- Provide legal services to the organization while ensuring compliance with applicable legislation and undertaking risk management
- Provide legal advice and counsel for the various aspects of the organization's operations.
- Keep abreast of changes in applicable legislation pertaining to industry and employment, providing reports as necessary.
- Ensure all policies and documentation are fully compliant under applicable legislation.
- Conduct legal research and prepare reports and presentations as requested.
- Address and identify internal areas of concern, endeavouring to provide resolution so as to not progress to a legal matter.
- Analyze departmental operations and identify areas requiring improvement.
- Participate in organizational negotiation and mediation as required.
- Legal support in connection with M&A deals and all legal aspects concerning growing, importing, processing, distributing and exporting Cannabis products in the EU and all related types of commercial agreements.
- Legal support related to integration of new employees.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Several years of experience.
- Fully qualified and licensed lawyer (Volljurist).
- Understanding of the industry and applicable legislation is an asset.
- General understanding of legal reference materials, procedures, and legal filing systems.
- Experience in reviewing commercial agreements.
- Critical thinking, analysis, and research skills are essential.
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion; knowledge of data privacy laws.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact with attorneys, coworkers, and external agencies
- Demonstrated research skills.
- Superior time management skills, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and diplomacy.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Excellent skills in German and English language.
- This is a full-time position based out of Canopy’s European headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany
- Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
- We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
- Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
We look forward to you!
Please send your application documents by e-mail (max 10MB) or by post with details of salary expectations and availability:
Spektrum Cannabis GmbH
Canopy Growth Corporation
Neue Mainzer Str. 46-50
läuft aus am