Tokio Marine HCC
Compliance and Legal Officer (m/f/d) - Germany
To support the Head of Compliance and Legal Department - Europe to ensure the compliance of Tokio Marine Europe and its branches. Responsible for all the legal and compliance aspects in Germany of our 3 German offices located in Düsseldorf, Munich and Frankfurt. The Compliance and Legal Officer will be located in Düsseldorf and will visit the German offices.
- Assisting the TME Compliance and Legal department in all the following areas: responsible for the development, implementation, administration, legal and compliance.
- To ensure the implementation of the TME Compliance Framework in Germany.
- To ensure that Compliance requirements are properly understood by all business units and staff therein by way of regular training, the coordination and dissemination of relevant regulatory notifications or association circulars and assisting with the meaningful translation of requirements into business procedures.
- Ensure TME staff are aware of and comply with the relevant rules and regulations in relation to financial crime and conduct.
- Monitor business transacted including via exception reporting and interpreting relevant metrics.
- Coordinating the regular production and analysis of key compliance information.
- Strong liaison with the branch managers and the business managers to improve understanding of all the risks in the business.
- Promote an appropriate compliance culture in the business by contributing to awareness of compliance related risks, assisting in their identification. Liaise with business managers to assist their understanding. Communicate information on compliance issues throughout the business.
- Assist with the maintenance of, and applications for, the regulatory licenses and authorisations required by the business to support its trading and strategic objectives.
- Provide oral and written compliance assurance advice and solutions to the business.
- Identifying, reporting, recording, analysing and escalating incidents and breaches.
- Ensure the timely and accurate submission of regulatory filings to local regulators and assist where required with TME
- Maintain an appropriate framework for the agreement of trading relationships with intermediaries placing inwards business (i.e. Broker/TOBA/agency agreements) and oversee the application process.
- To work alongside the Head of Compliance and Legal - Europe to ensure that TME branch in Germany complies fully with its obligations under the GDPR.
- Provide oral and written legal advice and review of the contracts and agreements.
- Ad-hoc projects and tasks as required by Tokio Marine HCC.
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Degree-level academic qualification.
- 4 years’ previous compliance and/or legal experience preferably within the German insurance market.
- Experience in Solvency II framework, implementation and reporting to the regulators.
- Multi-lingual: German and English essential, French useful
- Good IT skills are essential, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Expected to frequently travel to the German offices and the Head Office (eg Munich, Frankfort, Luxembourg, London…)
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good relationships to facilitate effective supervision of compliance matters.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to be proactive and pragmatic.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Deadline and results focused (with ability to work to tight deadlines).
- Able to understand legal structures.
- Professional disposition.
- Team working skills.
- Flexible attitude.
läuft aus am